The News From Here

I am a Canadian, and have been living in Kiev since 2006. I am a teacher at an IB international school here.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

It's Thanksgiving this week


The weather has turned and fall is definitely here. Masha says it's now a real Indian Summer because the weather is cool but skies are clear. Today we woke up in a fog, literally, the air was filled with a thick haze moving across the yard. Beautiful.

It's my first attempt at blogging. This will be brief, but I hope to make entries more interestin' in the near future.

Today I am cooking two turkeys. Or is it two turkies? Nonetheless, here we only get the parts to cook but Masha's mother has a 'realtionship' with the butcher, and was able to convince him to keep 2 from being chopped into their various bits. She even got him to keep them in the freezer there until we needed them and he offered to rotate them if fresh ones came in. For this we are thankful.

I am missing my high school reunion in the Soo but I have informed some representatives to mention my name as much as possible, and that I could not attend due to my high flying international lifestyle. No, I don't yet have a Citizen's quartz watch.

Tonight we will go to Wendy's house. She has invited some other Canadians living here for a T-giving dinner. I offered to cook turkey. And I'm glad I did. One is done, the other will be soon.

We wish you all a wonderful Thansgiving. Look here in a week or so for another entry. I am off to Istanbul at the weekend with the boys football team. This trip may provide some interesting fodder. We'll see.

Cheers
October 7, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home